Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Something likes the bird food..

...but it wasn't the birds in this case.  

I looked out of the kitchen window to see that the bird feeder was empty, which amazed me till I noticed that the bottom had fallen out. Just a case of failing to do the screws up tightly enough after I cleaned it out. But there was no food on the ground underneath. So something fond of nuts and seeds had a field day with the expensive 'no mess' food and black sunflower seeds. I'm guessing that it might have been down to the local rat population as much as anything. But hey while I don't want them in the house rats are wildlife too, and they are amazing creatures.

But the feeder is fixed now, so they'll have to make do with raiding the compost heaps...





No comments:

Post a Comment