Sunday, January 22, 2012

First signs of things happening

It's all still quite a lot of not a lot in the garden at the moment, though there are signs of stirring which is nice. The photos are a brief trip round the garden to show how it's looking - yes I know the Iris and the new growth on the miniature pine aren't really wildlife related but they're currently the most cheerful colour in the garden so I thought they needed showing!  The bluebells continue to power through the chippings and the 'impermeable' membrane as you can see, and they'll be showing some colour soon I think. The pond is doing nothing, though as you can see from the photo the pondweed is still green and hasn't died down, it's due to get a good clean out this spring.

The tube on the post is our solitary bee nesting box, or rather one of three we have. You can tell that quite a few of the tubes have been used because they've been sealed up which means they're full of pollen and baby-bees for next year. In previous years I've bought them in during hard weather but this year it's been so mild I've left them out.  You can also see the stretch of hedge which is due for rennovation this year, and the buds on one of the plants in the bit I rennovated last year. 

The bird table empties over the course of the day when I fill it up - I've not seen the birds in question but the fat pigeon is around so I have my suspect

Click here for the photos..

No comments:

Post a Comment