Sunday, February 17, 2013

Birds and future building projects

Well we keep having lots of birds in the garden, nothing exotic but there is nothing wrong with blue tits, chaffinches and spadgers! The odd blackbird has been hopping around too which is always good. On the plant side of things, we have snowdrops and primroses, though the garden still lacks the early flowering things which would be so useful for insects like Bumble Bees and which I have so much trouble establishing. This is something on which I need to work NOW in time for next spring of course.

I've got a couple of building projects to do this year as well, a new bike shed and a reconstruct of the ricketty old tree house which I took down before it fell down. Both of them I think will offer the opportunity for added wildlife value by covering them with plants, and possibly including nest boxes in the construction


No comments:

Post a Comment