Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Welcome to my new blog

Hi

I've decided to start a second blog (in addition to my Tai Chi one) about the wildlife in my garden.

I garden mainly for wildlife, I'm not really that interested in the whole garden design thing, so with any luck I should have stuff about which to post.

  • We do bird feeding in a big way with about 5 feeders and a bird table on the go. We had our first bird-feeder woodpecker today
  • I've just put in a large pond, to supplement our existing small pond which even though it was only about a metre across has frogs, newts and toads. Oh, and three dragonflies emerged from it last year
  • We have hedgehogs - yea!
  • We have bats which feed over the garden. I'm chair of our county bat group so this is a real bonus - yea!
So I hope to post regularly about the wildlife stories from my garden.

But first, shameless plug, if you're interested in Wildlife Gardening you have to buy a copy of How To Make a Wildlife Garden by Chris Baines. He's my hero!

No comments:

Post a Comment